Making the Text
While I was reading D.C Greetham article or chapters, I
appreciated the knowledge that he provides for non-specialists that allowed me
as a regular reader to understand some of the techniques that are used by bibliographers
to analysis the text or the “book” and get the most important information that
would help the critic to reveal some of the secrets that manipulated the
general readers understanding of the piece from different perspectives. The daunting
task that took much of my time was to fold a piece of paper to make it look
like folio or octave with the watermark showing as instructed. Therefore, my
question would be how to fold the paper in a way that allows me to locate every
single detail Greetham mentioned?
My Second question is how do they print the engravings from
a cooper plate or from a woodcut?
I hope our exercises answered your first question; we will talk more about images and how they were printed next week when we return to Special Collections.
ReplyDelete